Thursday, August 19, 2010

Spur of the Moment

Any other moms out there that decide to do something just on the spur of the moment like pack you and the kids up and drive 3 hours to Indianapolis when you find out that your friends are going to be there visiting? LOL!!! I found out a couple hours ago that some friends from the east coast are on their way to Indy to visit family. I haven't seen them in almost two years and who knows when we'll be just 3 hours away from each other again. So tomorrow morning the girls and I are going to head over to Indy and visit with our friends at the Indy Children's Museum. I've never been, but heard it's fantastic. Anyway, I first met my friend on our agency Yahoo group. We traveled to Guatemala to visit our girls the same week in October, 2007 and saw each other again at a Guat adoptive families event in October 2008. We've stayed in contact via email, blogs and FB since then, but that doesn't compare to face-to-face visits. And what a great opportunity for our girls to spend some time together.

I won't be blogging for a few days, but when I blog again, I'm sure I'll have some fun Indy pictures to share!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

1 comment:

Reba said...

Have fun! And yes, I would do something like that. (We would have done that with you in Springfield if I had known a LITTLE earlier. :)