Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunshiny Day

We are having one of the most beautiful Spring days I've seen in quite some time. The sky is blue, the temps are mild, and there is a slight breeze. To top it all off, Lili is home enjoying this Spring day with me. To think that a year ago at this time we were just days away from submitting our completed dossier and a month later we would have Lili's referral is unbelievable at times. It seems like it was so long ago. Since that time I've made a lot of new friends and many have brought their children home, some are very close to leaving on their pick up trips, and others are still waiting. I now understand all the emotions of this journey and despite the mega roller coaster ride, I look forward to the day when we can start all over again and add to our growing family. After all, who can look at a face like this and not long to start again?

4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh what a sweet, sweet picture. I am so glad you are enjoying your time with Lili. Oh and Happy belated Birthday. Kate turns 1 tomorrow.

Reba said...

I love the spring weather too! It was this month last year that we accepted Joshua's referral. I sometimes am just in awe that he is here with us! I remember seeing how many people on the boards were on their second or more adoptions and couldn't understand why. With our first adoption, I just wanted to be done and get on with our family. Obviously that didn't last! Like you said, you look in their faces...
Reba

Amy said...

We just passed the anniversary of Layna's referral as well...I often wonder if we will do this again. The two we have keep us very busy...but sometimes my heart wants to adopt again. Only time will tell...

Anonymous said...

Liliana gets more lovely each time I see a photo of her! Can't wait to see her in person again....let's make it soon!