Sunday, September 14, 2008

Hurricane Ike

Hurricane Ike moved through Central Illinois today and we now have about 18 inches of water in our basement. They had to close our street about a block south because there was so much water. Fortunately, we do have insurance to help cover the damages in our basement, but I'm sure many do not.

This, of course, is nothing in comparison to all the families who are displaced and/or dealing with much more significant damage to their homes in Texas. My thoughts go out to them in a big way.

2 comments:

Parent Coordinator said...

I am so sorry to hear about the water in your basement. I hope the clean up goes well.
Yesenia

Amy said...

Oh No!!! We got about the same amount of water in our neck of the IL woods. However, no flooding in our home. I feel very fortunate. I am sorry to hear about your damage. I hope you are able to get things back in order quickly and painlessly.