Sunday, February 8, 2009

Changes and the Roller Coast Ride of Adoption

Sometimes I look around my house and the changes that have occurred over the last year are very apparent.

- Children's books on the floor
- Toys on the furniture
- Pieces of crayon paper on the floor
- Cute little crayon scribbles on paper now hang on the refrigerator door
- A high chair added to the kitchen furnishings
- Fingerprints on the t.v. screen
- Fingerprints on the lower part of windows
- Sippy cups in the dishwasher, on the end table, in the refrigerator
- Little pink and purple outfits in the laundry
- Dolls in the house
- Play room in the basement
- Pink coats in the closet

This are just a few of the changes I've noticed and although it's been almost a year since Lili came home, I still find myself amazed at times that she is actually here. Even more amazing at times is that Dave and I actually started this new chapter in the book of our lives. When we started our journey together 23 years ago, we didn't have plans of adopting and certainly didn't have plans of adding another child to our lives in our 40's. However, it's an amazing journey, full of ups and downs. We wouldn't change a thing and I can't wait to see what the next chapter will look like.

While I'm not going to post any details at this time, I do want everyone to know that our adoption journey to Lili's little sister has become quite the roller coaster ride. Just when we think we should go one direction, we're jerked to the left. Then we think we're going another direction and we're jerked to the right. We've felt the thrill of riding up the hill and felt our stomachs turn as we've plummeted down the hill. At this point I'm not quite sure which part of the ride we're on, but I think we might be approaching the loop-d-loop. I hope to have some good news to share in the next few days or weeks, but for now let's just say that we're feeling good about this part of the ride and may actually be at the end of this ride and able to move onto to the next.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm intrigued! Can't wait to read the news when you can share it. Good luck!

veggiemom said...

I can't wait to hear what's going on when you're ready to share.

Cammie said...

Oooooh...so cryptic. Can't wait to hear what's going on :)

Paul said...

Can't wait to hear what the news is all about and I am happy that the ride is a good one (for now).

Paul said...

Sorry...this is Yesenia posting as Paul.

Reba said...

Oh, wow. I always thought the whole adoption ride was like a roller coaster ride, and how many times was I screaming at the top of my lungs, "Let me off!" Of course, after one ride, and a very bumpy one at that, we got right back on for another one. :) Anyway, I am looking forward to finding out what is going on. Keep us updated. :)