Friday, February 13, 2009

FFF and Other Stuff

Sorry I haven't posted more this week. Unfortunately, I came down with either a flu bug or had food poisoning. I'm still not quite sure which, but I am feeling better, although not completely back to normal.

So, what's been happening on our lives?

First of all, we're going to be vehicle shopping. Our youngest son, Ben, borrowed my van and was in a little accident. He hit a patch of ice and the vehicle slid into a parked pick-up truck. He's okay, the van is not. The repairs were enough that it totalled the vehicle. Of course that's what happens when a newer model vehicle hits an older model truck.

We're living life with one vehicle right now, which works out okay since I don't work outside the home. Still we would like to have two vehicles as I do need one from time to time during the week. I'm not really sad about the van. It's was just a vehicle after all. What's makes me sad is that we actually have to start shopping for another vehicle. I really dislike vehicle shopping. For a matter-of-fact, I would have to say I "hate" shopping for vehicles. Not that I don't enjoy having a new vehicle to drive around, but the entire process of getting that vehicle is a horrible experience for me. We probably won't be looking for another week or two since we still have some things to settle on the van, so I have a little time before we start the entire process.

On a brighter note, we've had a couple memory milestones. It was one year ago on February 8th that I called PGN and was told "You're approved." It took another week, but on February 14th our file was finally released to our attorney and we were officially out of PGN. That was one of the most awesome feelings in the world. We had no idea that less than 5 weeks later we would be in Guatemala picking up our beautiful baby girl. Wow!!! The past year has really flown by.

Earlier today I took some pictures of Little Miss Lili. She wasn't being the most cooperative subject, but once again they show some of the many sides of her personality.

Lastly, things are still moving in a positive direction with adoption #2. I still can't give any details because there are a couple things that need to happen before I feel comfortable saying anything. However, I also don't have any reasons to believe this isn't going to happen.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!

4 comments:

Gail said...

Sorry about the van.
Isn't it neat all the adoption anniversaries we are getting to now? Can you believe it has been almost a year since we brought our baby girls home? UNBELIEVABLE!!

Reba said...

She is so very sweet! I know you had a wonderful V Day with her at home. I cannot wait to find out about a future sibling...

Maria and Family said...

Glad your son was ok. L is so darn cute! Cant wait to hear what the adoption front has in store for you!!!!

Kim & Dave said...

She is such a cutie!! Glad you are moving forward, too! So many kids that need forever families!