Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Hair *Updated*

Lili has never been cooperative letting me do anything with her hair. I have all these cute bows, clips and pony tail holders, but the fight putting them in and keeping them in her hair just wasn't worth it. However, a few days ago I pulled my hair back into a pony tail and suddenly Lili wanted her hair done. She sat down in front of me and patiently let me put a pony tail in her hair. Than today, out of the blue, she asked me to put a pony tail in her hair. My hair wasn't pulled back, but once her hair was done she insisted I do mine as well. Maybe I'll be able to start using some of the cute bows and clips soon.


Here is a front view of Lili with her hair pulled back and posing for the camera.
And here is a photo of the back. I didn't have the most cooperative subject for this photo.
Speaking of hair, I find myself getting really nervous at times about caring for and fixing Naomi's hair when she comes home. Of all the things to worry about when adopting, I worry about her hair. I did join a hair care forum and have learned a lot, but it's still a concern of mine.
Anyone have any advice for me?
*UPDATE*
Blogging tends to light a fire under me from time to time. Between my post on hair and some comments I received, I now have a "Hair Care & Products" section on the right hand side of my blog page. Not only does this give me easy access to the information, but hopefully others will find it to be helpful.
As I come across other links on hair care and/or products, I'll add them to this section, so please keep the information coming.

5 comments:

Emily said...

No advice, but what is the hair care forum. I should check it out too!

Kim said...

Looks like a breakthrough for sure! I always look at styling Kate's hair as an Olympic Event! Seriously, you should get a gold medal for doing a toddler's hair! Great Job!

Mona said...

I worry about Janissa's hair too. I think after a while we'll get the hang of it.

Reba said...

I really wish there were lessons on what to do with little girl's hair. I wish I could do Maria's hair (and even Lauren's) much better than I do. Of course, if you see mine, you know that I need a few lessons too. :)

Laura George said...

I know, hair! Why is it that I am more intimidated by it than anything. Check out the link to this website. It has videos that you can watch and learn by.

http://www.shuruba.com/basics.htm