Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dossier Update

I found out a couple days ago that our dossier registration has been delayed. Although I'm not exactly sure why, I have a sneaky suspicion that it's due to an increased number of dossiers that were recently sent to the attorney. Our agency consultant told me that there were a lot of dossiers going out at the same time which would slow down the process a bit. Not only does the attorney have work to do on each of the dossiers, but he has to have all of them translated and then registered. Anytime there is a significant increase in work load, it will slow down the process.

We anticipate having our dossier registered sometime before the end of the month, but at this time we aren't officially a waiting family. I'm okay with this. In the big picture, waiting a few more weeks isn't that big and if we're being delayed because of an increase in dossiers, that means there will be an increase in the number of children who find their forever families. That's a good thing.

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Hang in there! The wait is such a roller coaster ride! By the way, I love the new look of the blog.

Emily said...

You have such a great attitude Debbie. Hope everything gets going soon!

Sam's mom said...

You go Debbie! such a healthy outlook! And before you know it, that dossier will be registered. I cannot wait until you get your referral and think it will be sooner (around 10-12 weeks) rather than later!

Vanessa said...

Praying the process will proceed with a steady speed! It's GREAT to see so many children getting forver families is right!!

Maria and Family said...

The waits arent really fun....but the payoff ! boy oh boy is that worth it :) :)

Reba said...

You are so wise. I can say those words now...after the fact. But at the time, I sure couldn't! I hope it happens quicker than we think. :)

Pizzamoma said...

Your attitude is so contagious. Thanks for giving us an attitude boost.