Monday, June 22, 2009

Summer Has Arrived

I have been complaining about our Central IL weather for weeks and weeks and weeks. We have had enough rain to last me until next spring. The weather hasn't even been that warm, which means getting the pool ready has been a real challenge. Of course having a 2 year old helper adds to the challenge of getting anything done :-) While we weren't rain free over the weekend, the temps certainly became summer like and I was able to get out and get some real cleaning done on the pool. It needs to be vacuumed again (that never ends), but the water looks really good and the water temp is in the 80's. Wonderful for a 90+ degree day!!!! Lili and I will be spending a lot of time in the pool this summer.

Dave, Lili and I also took a trip to a local zoo on Saturday and met up with some other Ethiopia adoptive families. It's so nice to build those relationships now and to know that Naomi will have Ethiopian friends nearby.

This weekend we're leaving to visit a place we've never been . . . . . . Memphis!! By this time Saturday, I'll be 'walkin in Memphis.' One of Dave's sisters and her man are going to drive over from the Dallas area to meet up with us in Memphis for a 2 1/2 day visit. We are planning a visit to the Memphis Zoo and Graceland, but the most highly anticipated part of the trip is the BBQ. I will take lots of pictures, so stay tuned for Memphis photos in a couple weeks.

After Memphis we're heading to the Dallas area for a few days to continue our family visit. Our niece and her husband are also in the process of adopting from Ethiopia, which is very exciting. They have offered to take us to an Ethiopian restaurant for dinner one evening, which will be our introduction to Ethiopian cuisine. I'm very much looking forward to trying it out.

This may be my last blog post pre-vacation, but I should have lots to talk about post-vacation so check in from time to time.

9 comments:

Reba said...

I hope you have a fun time! The Memphis Zoo by the way is my very favorite zoo ever. I liked it more than San Diego. :)

Carrie said...

Hope you bring some of the rain with you to Texas. We haven't had any in our neck of the woods in weeks. And today it is 99 degrees in our backyard! Have a great trip.

Emily said...

Wooo Hoooo..... Road trip to Graceland!!!!!!

Maria and Family said...

Have a wonderful time ! Stay cool ...it is soooo hot here in florida :)

Parent Coordinator said...

Have a great trip!!! I hope to have some GOOD news for you when you come back.

Kim said...

Have a wonderful vacation!

Pizzamoma said...

Hope your entire vacation is a blast! Sounds like great sights, friends/family, and food. What a great combination.

Teri said...

Small world. My best friend and her family are in Graceland and Memphis right now too.

Teri said...

Lili is precious!