Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Lions and Tigers and Bears, Oh My!

Day 3 in Memphis was spent at the Memphis Zoo. I like zoos, Lili likes zoos, Dave is just not that much of a zoo fan. However, I think the Memphis Zoo may have actually won him over a bit. He even commented that he would go back to the Memphis Zoo next time we were in Memphis. That is saying a lot folks!
Actually, a visit to the zoo was up in the air until that very morning. It had been so hot since we arrived that no one seemed to be overly anxious to walk around anywhere in the heat. Fortunately, it cooled off a bit and I'm so glad we decided to go. We were impressed from the moment we hit the entrance and there was as much work put into the landscaping of the zoo as there was to the habitats for the animals. We didn't make it through the entire zoo, but I have a feeling that we'll be back to visit someday in the future.
Obviously I broke out the camera and gave it a work out. And then I took pictures of the cutest animal in the zoo.
We walked by the carousel and Lili was convinced that she needed to ride. I was a bit skeptical that she would enjoy it, but she proved me wrong.
She was not at all happy about the end of the ride, but we had to move on.
As you can see, she's still not happy about leaving the carousel. Maybe the petting zoo will cheer her up.

That did the trick.

Our day at the zoo was a lot of fun, but we needed some rest so it was back to the hotel for a nap and some swimming before dinner.

Dinner was BBQ again and this time it was at a place called Corkey's. We hit 3 different BBQ establishments in 3 days and we all agreed that Corkey's was the winner. I had the brisket which was very good and the rest of the adults had the ribs. Lili enjoyed some sausage and cheese, but wasn't very interested in the chicken tenders or fries. Dessert was banana pudding (not one of my favorites), but apparently it was really good as well.Yum, ribs!!!Yum, banana pudding.


Our trip to Memphis ended and it was off to Dallas. Stay tuned for more photos and some new experiences for the Weeks' Family.

3 comments:

Pizzamoma said...

So glad you broke out the camera and worked it hard. Love seeing the photos!

Mel said...

Oh my, you're right. Looks like you guys had a great vacation!! Yummies on all those B-B-Q's, lol. Nice pics - looks warm where you are - we're freezing here today in 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
Blessings,
mel

Reba said...

The Memphis zoo is by far my favorite. And that is even after visiting the San Diego zoo! We went there last fall and I am itchng to go again. So glad you had fun.