Thursday, August 20, 2009

First We're Up and Then We're Down

I should have known things were too good to be true. Ryan went from dealing with all the changes 'okay' to not being able to deal with the changes at all. Dave is on his way from from an 1 hr 40 min meeting about Ryan. Ryan, like many individuals with Autism, has aggression issues. Changes in his life will bring out those aggressions and apparently things have taken a very noticeable turn downward. Even though the agency has submitted paperwork requesting funding for Ryan, they are not committed to taking him yet which means that everything is still very much up in the air. They still want to work with us, but have said that if they can't get Ryan's aggression under better control, they won't be able to take him. This spells S-T-R-E-S-S.

Our hope is that some suggestions that were made today will help Ryan get in better control of himself, but only time will tell. Problem is, we don't have much time to spare.

I wish I had more good news to report, but unfortunately that's just not the case today. Hopefully good news will come again soon.

4 comments:

Amber said...

Just checkin in, sounds like you have a lot on your plate. Kepp your head up.

Mel said...

Praying for you. Can only imagine the amount of stress you're under right now. Was wondering why I haven't caught you online on FB for quite sometime - that explains a bit. sure hope and pray things will be under control soon.
Blessings,
mel

Reba said...

I am so sorry that it has been a bit rough. I am in a similar situation on a much smaller level with Joshua's daycare. I have an inkling of all of the emotions you must be feeling. I hope that the new suggestions work!

Maria and Family said...

(hugs) I can only imagine how hard this is on you guys. I hope they figure out a plan that ryan can adjust to well.