Monday, June 28, 2010

Busy Weekend

We had a busy weekend and as a result, I completely overlooked the fact that Naomi arrived home exactly 3 months ago this past Saturday. My how time has flown by. Just look at her now.

She really hams it up for the camera.

This week is going to be a bit hectic for me and on Friday we are leaving to visit family in the Dallas area. This will be Naomi's first 'road trip.' We are going to Dallas via Memphis and looking forward to some Memphis BBQ. Lili is just looking forward to going to the hotel and swimming in Memphis. Of course we're all looking forward to seeing family and meeting the newest family member, Tsegaw. We also plan to see some fireworks on the 4th of July while there. We've not taken Lili to see a fireworks display since she's been home. We really didn't think she would enjoy them the last couple of years, but now she actually seems interested, so we're going for it. Naomi pretty much 'goes with the flow' and isn't frightened easily. Hopefully she'll enjoy them as well.

With a busy schedule on tap and our upcoming trip, this is likely my last blog post until we get back. I hope all my friends in blogland have a safe and wonderful 4th of July weekend!!

4 comments:

Mel said...

Oh my, you are pretty busy, aren't you?!
Have a wonderful 4th and safe travels :-)
I remember the days when we both have been on the waiting list for three months and now our precious ones have been home for over 3. Isn't that crazy?
Blessings,
mel

Shannon said...

Happy 4th of July!! Drive safely to Big D!

Reba said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip! I also hope you get to go to the Memphis zoo again. It is my favorite zoo to go to! Happy 4th! I think we will just miss you...we will probably drive through Memphis ON the fourth.

Cammie said...

Love how she is always smiling!! Hope you had a great 4th of July weekend!