Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sun, Surf and Pride

Yesterday my wonderful husband celebrated another birthday. He is a year older and hopefully wiser :-) His birthday ended up being a great day for our family and I thought it would be fun to share with my blog friends.

Recently, the team that Dave is part of at Microsoft was recognized for doing outstanding work this past year. As a result, some of the team members are being given an nice reward for their work and yesterday Dave found out that he was one of the team members chosen by management to receive a reward. I'm sure you are all wondering what this reward could possibly be so let me give you a little hint.



Dave won a trip to HAWAII!!!!!! In addition, he is allowed to take a guest (that would be me) and a little hula girl (that would be Lili). By-the-way, it took 3 or 4 tries to get this photo since she wouldn't look at the camera because she was too busy taking her lei off. Although her hair isn't looking the best, at least I managed to get a picture of her looking at the camera wearing a grass skirt and leaving the lei on. LOL!!!!

I'm so excited about this trip. For as long as I can remember I've had two trips that I very much wanted to take in my life. One was to go on a cruise which we did in January, 2007. The other was to take a trip to Hawaii which I'll now be taking this November. The other nice perk is that we'll be in Hawaii on our 23rd wedding anniversary and celebrating with our beautiful little girl. Who could ask for anything more.

Most of all, I'm so very proud of my hubby. He has only been with Microsoft a couple years, but he has worked very, very hard. His dedication to his work and to his family has allowed me to be a stay-at-home mom and allowed us to bring Lili into our family. Now his hard work is allowing us to take a wonderful little vacation. I couldn't ask for a better husband or father and I feel fortunate to have him in my life.

8 comments:

Gail said...

I am so happy for you and Dave!!! Hawaii is wonderful. At least it was 25 years ago when I was there.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I am so happy for you! I want to see the photos!

Reba said...

Congratulations! How fun is that??? I know you will have an incredible time. Hawaii is on my "want to do" list. I cannot wait to hear all about it and live vicariously through you. :)
Reba

Anonymous said...

Hi debbie - that is a big fat awesome - way to go dave - scoring a big trip for his two girls. you have to take tons of pictures of Lili in Hawaii - how cute will she be!!!!! Love the picture of her in her grass skirt - you are too funny.

Maria and Family said...

Congratulations to your hubby! AND you ha! Pretty nice vacation!! Lili is TOO cute :)
Maria

Cammie said...

Happy Birthday Dave :)

Ooooh, I'm so jealous! Hawaii is high on my "places I want to go" list! Congratulations, I'm so excited for you guys! Oh, and Lili has to be the cutest little hula girl I've ever seen :)

Cammie

~Emily said...

Actually Dave told me that I was going with him. :-) This is GREAT!!! Have fun.

gigglechirp said...

congrats! that is great!