Friday, August 29, 2008

Sorry for the Absence

I'm so very sorry that I haven't posted recently. I've just been a busy SAHM lately with several large projects on my plate. The biggest project I have going right now is the Weeks' Family Cookbook. I have about 2/3 of our recipes entered and continue to plug away in an attempt to have the book completed and ready for pre-orders by the end of September or beginning of October. I also located a local Ethiopian adoptive families group and agreed to help with a database project. My goal was to get this project completed before the end of the month so I worked feverishly to get it completed this past week. Today we had a pool party and cook-out for Dave's co-workers and Sunday we're having an "End of Summer" pool party and cook-out.

Next week isn't showing signs of being any less hectic. We have a lot going on with Ryan right now. Of course his recent seizures and hospitalization was a big thing, but in addition we've been dissatisfied (that's probably an understatement) with the agency that is providing services for him. A few months ago we decided it was time to start researching to see if there was another agency in the state who might have a program that would better meet his needs. We think we have found such an agency and on Tuesday they are sending a team down to meet Ryan, see where he's been living and talk to us. This meeting is the first step for both the new agency and for us to determine if Ryan would be a good fit for their program. If we agree and the new agency agrees, we can begin taking the necessary steps to transition Ryan to the new agency. The one big downside to this possible move is distance. Ryan lives about 25 miles from us right now, but if he moves he will be somewhere between 100 and 170 miles from us. Of course our main concern is that he be in a program that makes him happy and allows him to reach his full potential. That's not happening for him now and it needs to happen. If the new program will do that for him, then the move will be worth it.

Although I have more I could write about tonight, I think I'll save it for another post. I'll also get some new pictures of Lili out here soon. I've been really bad about taking pictures the last couple of weeks and I'll do my best to break out the camera this weekend.

I hope everyone has a safe and wonderful Labor Day weekend.

3 comments:

Reba said...

I am glad to hear from you. You do sound busy right now. I do look forward to seeing some updated pics though. And I hope everything works out with Ryan and the possible new agency.
Reba

Maria and Family said...

I am sorry you are struggling with the care of your son. That has to be so hard. Take care and I look forward to new pics when you can :) Maria

Parent Coordinator said...

I am so very sorry to hear about your recent life challenges. I hope your son gets the care and support he needs from the possible new agency. Take care of you!