Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Thanksgiving Frenzy Is Over

What a great Thanksgiving weekend full of fun and food. We had family visiting from Texas, New York and California, so things were a bit hectic. Lili did great with so many people here. She met some of her cousins for the first time and she was a hit. Now life is getting back to normal and I'm trying to decide when I want to begin my Christmas shopping. I know, I should have it done by now, but between Thanksgiving and trying to pull our dossier together, Christmas has now really been on my radar until now. Santa isn't doing such a great job this year, but will pull it together soon.

Speaking of our dossier, things are coming along nicely. I have two documents that have already been authenticated and another sent out yesterday. We had a little problem with our police clearance letters that I thought was taken care of, but I still don't have the notarized letters back. If I don't get them by the end of the week, I'll be calling them again.

Our social worker is obviously working on our updated home study as she emailed me yesterday reminding me that she needs the forms she left with us during our visit. I have a couple items to add to one form and another form that needs notarized. They'll both be completed and in the mail by the end of the week.

We are also going to Naperville on Saturday for our fingerprint appointment. I'll sure be glad to have all of this done and our names added to the wait list. It appears that could easily happen sometime next month which is exciting.

I'm sure most of you would like to see some new pictures so I'll stop chatting and get to posting pictures.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend.
My turn!
Lili with her cousin Maya.
Lili showing off a dress her Aunt Susan bought for her. She's stylin'.

2 comments:

Parent Coordinator said...

Sounds like you had a busy one! Happy Thanksgiving and paper chasing :)

Ian said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving, and happy to hear things are moving along on the adoption front. I love Lili's new dress, very cute!