Thursday, March 11, 2010

All My Bags Are Packed

Other than a few items that can't be added until tomorrow, our bags are packed and ready to go.

In two days we're leaving on a jet plane, don't know when we'll be back again. Okay, things will more than likely work out, but we're still dealing with the fingerprint drama. I woke up around 5:00 a.m. and after about 30 minutes of wondering finally got up to check email in hopes that the U.S. Embassy had responded with good news. No response. Bummer. Guess more phone calls will be made this morning.

What else is on tap for today? Housework and errands. Hum, that sounds pretty much like a typical day for me. And you were probably thinking I was going to post something exciting!!!!

11 comments:

Matt and Jennifer said...

Oh Debbie, my heart is beating so fast in the anticipation that you will be meeting your little Naomi so soon. It has been a such blessing to get to know you. My prayers are with you and your family that it all works out for you and you ALL are home as expected.

Matt and Jennifer said...

Oh and tell Lili that I am so excited for her that she gets to meet Maomi and be a big sister.

Debby said...

We will be thinking ouf you as you embark on your exciting journey!!!! So sorry that you had to endure all the extra drama......... Have a wonderful trip!!!!!!!!!

Mel said...

oh my gosh Debbie - that is awesome. can you please take me with you?? ahhh, i miss Africa and it's beautiful people.
in case i won't catch you before you leave - have a wonderful and pleasant trip.
sure will be praying for you. can't wait to see pics of you WITH naomi :-)

Renae said...

So excited for you:)!!! And yes, I was expecting something more exciting;).

Parent Coordinator said...

Thrilled for you! Looking forward to seeing pictures of the whole family together. Have a safe trip and yes...it will probably all work out.

Reba said...

I am so very excited for you but I am really hoping God shows Himself at the last minute with an e-mail from the Embassy (with good news)!

Shelby said...

I'm getting so excited for you! I'm sorry your days leading up to your trip have been so stressful (as if it wasn't stressful enough alone). Hope you're able to send an update from Addis.

Sam's mom said...

Oh boy....so close.
I never got a proper note off as a THANK YOU for the Gs! You guys are the best.
Have a lovely lovely lovely time and we cannot wait to see pictures of Ms. Naomi in your arms at last!

Lisa T said...

Oh my gosh Debbie I can't believe it is time to get Naomi!!! Have a safe and wonderful trip! I will be thinking about you all.

Lisa

ps. I can't help thinking about Peoria when Katie reached up and held your hand and Lili wasn't too happy about that.....hope all goes well from that aspect!!

gruberjenny said...

So excited for you all! Will be praying that you have safe journeys, a good connection with Naomi, and smooth sailing at the Embassy...