Sunday, May 2, 2010

Observations by Lili

Three year olds are very observant and not afraid to share those observations. Lili happens to be extremely observant and it appears that the age of 3 has brought about the need to share those observations.

Naomi was in bed for the night so I decided it was a great time for a shower. I don't know about other mommies, but taking a shower by myself is a rare treat so I jumped all over the opportunity to get in the shower alone while Lili spent time with daddy. When I came back downstairs I was informed of a conversation that took place in my absence.

A couple weeks ago I noticed that when Lili drinks milk, her tummy seems to bloat. As a result, we've have started limiting the amount of milk she drinks. Believe me, the girl can down some milk. Anyway, the milk topic is a subject for another time, but important to the story.

While I was taking my shower Lili told daddy, "Milk makes my tummy big like mommy's." Not sure I like that observation, but the fact is, my six pack has disappeared and mommy needs to lose weight. Or maybe I just need to stop drinking milk :-)

Yesterday in the mail, I received a gift from Stayfree. Lili removed the contents from it's plastic wrapper and says, "Diaper." Okay, I suppose it is a diaper of sorts."

I'm sure this is just the beginning of many observations I'll be jotting down.

3 comments:

Reba said...

So funny. I do love the observations of 3 year olds like when Joshua sniffs me and tells me I "smell". Really, where else can you get such brutal honesty? :)

Renae said...

My favorite is, "Mommy, are you sure there's not another baby in there?"(my tummy)....NO SON, it's just big BECAUSE I HAD FIVE of you in there...okay, not at the same time..but you know...things stretch!

Emily said...

Ha ha... Lili is too cute! Oscar told me my butt was too big for him to fit in the bathroom the other day... so look forward to many more wonderful comments!