Thursday, September 9, 2010

Second Day of School

Don't worry, I'm not going to spend this entire school year writing posts about how Lili did in school. However, I did want to share that she had a great second day. If you read my First Day of School post, you know I had concerns about Lili wanting me to stay at school everyday. I talked to her again reminding her that mommy would not be able to stay again, but when we got to her classroom, she asked me to sit down. Actually, asked isn't really correct, she told me to sit down. I reminded her again that I couldn't stay and braced myself for tears, begging, or a complete meltdown. Instead, I got a kiss and she simply said, "Bye mom," then proceeded to wash her hands (which her teacher requires of each student when they come into the classroom each day). No tears, no begging mommy to stay. Yay!!!!

I got back to the school about 15 minutes early and they were outside playing so I peeked out the window to see if she was participating today or standing in the middle of the playground by herself like she did on Tuesday. I am happy to report that she was in the sandbox playing. Her teacher was there as well, so she obviously wants and needs that safety zone, but there were other kids playing in the sandbox and she was very appropriately playing in the sand. Another yay!!!

One thing I forgot to mention in my last post is the comment Lili's teacher made as we were leaving on Tuesday. She looked at me and said, "She is really smart. She knows ALL her colors." I said, "Yes, she does and she is very smart which can sometimes be scary." Her teacher than told Lili, "Don't get too far ahead of us." At least we now have confirmation that Lili is smart :-)

2 comments:

Matt and Jennifer said...

Like you really needed confirmation! So glad all is going well!

Reba said...

Sounds like things are off to a good start! I have a feeling that she is going to just LOVE school.