Saturday, March 7, 2009

Favorite Photo Saturday

Again, I'm late getting out my FFF post. My excuse is that yesterday was an amazingly beautiful day here. Temps were in the upper 60's so Lili and I spent a lot of time outside cleaning the yard and playing.
Dave got home from work a little earlier than usual, so we headed out for the evening. We still haven't replaced our van which was totaled just over a month ago. I wanted to take a quick look at vans, so we drove through some dealership parking lots so I could take a peek. I was only able to look at the Honda and Dodge vans and can honestly say that vehicles are expensive. Next weekend we plan on going out to test drive a few. We have 3 road trips planned over the next few months and the first one is next month. We really want/need to have a new vehicle by then. Anyway, if you are a van driving mom (or dad), I would love to know what kind of van you drive and if you would buy another.

Sometimes I have a real struggle trying to decide what photos I want to post. This week was no different, so I'll just share some photos that I've taken over the last few weeks.
Lili is very uncooperative when it comes to getting her hair done. For a matter-of-fact, just brushing it can be a challenge. However, from time to time I try to get her to sit still long enough for me to try something new and different. A few weeks ago I decided to try the two pony tail look and here is what I got.
I realized recently that I've spent a lot of time trying to get really cute, smiley photos of Lili. Getting her to smile for the camera is not an easy thing to do. Most of the time I end up with a shot of Lili looking serious. She certainly has a serious side, but for the most part she is a happy, active little girl. However, there is another side of Lili that I really don't talk about often. Taking that first picture of her crying didn't make her happy at all. Fortunately, none of you can hear the volume of that cry, but I'm sure you can imagine.
Then there are the pictures I try to get that do nothing more than simply capture her in all her cuteness.
We are quickly approaching our 1 year Lilianaversary and I'm trying to put together a photo montage of her 1st year at home. I hope to have it done and posted within the next couple of weeks, so stay tuned.

4 comments:

~Emily said...

Really... She doesn't like to have her hair done??? Not my Cecilia. hahaha. The real reason she called 911

Reba said...

Such cute pictures. And that crying one looks very similar to a face I see at my house on occasion. :)

I drive a Honda Odyssey. I love it (as far as vans go). I preferred my Accord, but that just wasn't working with six of us now. I got a used one but it was still fairly new...

Anonymous said...

Oh debbie.. she is so cute, even when she is crying!!!! I love your pictures. also, we don't drive a mini-van, but i have heard the Honda Odyssey is great!!!

Renee said...

WE bought a 2009 Dodge Journey last summer and absolutly love it. Its already been from maryland to tenn, florida and new york.