Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Huge Loss

While waiting for Lili I read book after book on adoption. So, while waiting on Naomi, I am reading even more books on adoption and also books about Ethiopia. One book I finished reading a few weeks ago is called "There's No Me Without You." This was a very eye opening story about a woman by the name of Haregewoin Teferra and how she began an orphanage in Ethiopia. I was amazed reading about this woman's life and just how instrumental she was in International adoption in Ethiopia.

Today I read the sad news that Haregewoin Teferra has died. This is a huge loss for the Ethiopia adoption community.

http://www.thereisnomewithoutyou.com/blog?op=view&id=64

If you haven't read this wonderful book, I would highly recommend it. It doesn't matter if you're adopting from Ethiopia, another country, or have no intentions of adopting, I think you'll be touched by this story.

Debbie

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I'll have to check it out because I'm alwas in the market for something to read! Sad as it is I don't get to do it very often anymore!