Friday, July 30, 2010

Exciting Things Happening

I'm of the belief that everyone can use some excitement in their lives now and then and we have some exciting things happening in our lives. At least I think they are exciting!

My last blog post was pictures of Lili modeling for me. I posted about my frustration regarding the speed in which my camera takes pictures. I've been wanting to break out of the regular digital camera world into the world of D-SLR for several months and yesterday afternoon it happened. You read it correctly folks - I am moving on up the camera owner/user ladder and now own my very own Nikon D3000 SLR. Along with that comes new frustrations as I try to figure out the camera, but you won't hear me complain about he ease and speed in which this camera takes pictures. And the picture quality is awesome!!! I have no doubt that I'm going to be one happy photographer once I figure out all the settings and features this camera has to offer.

Here are a couple pictures I took this morning.

Forgot to change the setting for the picture of Naomi, so it's a little dark. Like I said, I have a lot to learn about this camera.

The other excitement in our lives is an upcoming trip we're taking. Dave has meetings in Chicago August 3rd and 4th, so the girls and I are going to Chicago with him. While he's at work we'll enjoy time at the Shedd Aquarium, Navy Pier, have lunch with my friend Meg and enjoying some quality time on Michigan Ave. Of all the major cities I've been to, Chicago is hands down my favorite, so I'm very much looking forward to a couple days in the city. And if any of my blog readers are in the Chicagoland area and want to meet up, drop me a note. Would love to see you!!!

After Dave's meeting wraps up on Wednesday, we'll check out of one hotel and move to another one out by the airport. On Thursday morning we'll board a plane bound for Portland, OR to attend the first ever Toukoul Adoptive Families Reunion (TAFRU). I've been planning and working on this reunion for over a year now and I'm so excited that it's finally going to happen. Even more exciting is the opportunity to meet other Toukoul families and to see all our kids together for a weekend of fun.

Portland isn't going to be all about TAFRU though. We are also going to visit my uncles, aunts, and all the cousins while we are there. I haven't seen many of these cousins in at least 15 years and am very excited about reconnecting with my family during the trip.

With all the excitement, it's doubtful that I'll be blogging for awhile. Be prepared for my return sometime after August 11th when I will hopefully share all the wonderful pictures I took with my new camera and share details of our trip.

Until then, I hope all of you have some exciting things happening in your lives as well.

2 comments:

Reba said...

What a fun time! I have not ever been to Chicago other than a zoo trip or two when we used to visit my family in Michigan. I have been itching to go there. I hope you have an amazing time on both trips! Cannot wait to see pictures.

Xander and Alana (but mostly Alana) said...

I'm bummed we're missing it, but I hope it goes wonderfully well! We are already looking forward to next year (we hope), though. Chicago! Excellent choice!