Wednesday, November 3, 2010

25 Years Later

Today, my wonderful hubby and I celebrate 25 years of marriage.  While I would love to say it's been nothing but wedded bliss, it just hasn't.  Of course I know of no marriage that is all wine and roses, but we've certainly had our fair share of whine, roses, daisies, carnations and dandelions. 

I would have to say that the last year of our marriage has been the most difficult and bitter sweet of all.  We brought home our beautiful Ethiopian princess, Naomi.  Six weeks later we lost our youngest son, Ben.  The roller coaster ride of emotions has been the most dramatic we've ever ridden.  While we continue to love and appreciate the new life that has been entrusted to us, we also deeply grieve the life that is no longer with us.  Yet through it all, we've continued to hold on tight and not let go.  To imagine anyone else standing beside me and holding my hand is simply unimaginable. 

When we walked down the aisle 25 years ago, I had no idea where this journey would take us.  I didn't anticipate many of the twists and turns that have come our way, but we have survived the journey to our silver anniversary and I look forward in hope and anticipation of an even better journey to 50.  We'll be faced with challenges and obstacles along the way, but we will face them head on and be even stronger in the end.  That's just the way we roll.

To all our friends and family who doubted our relationship in the beginning, looks like we didn't just make it another year, but we've made it 25 years and we're still going strong.

I know I posted this video last year on our anniversary, but it truly says it all for me.  I love you David!!!!

3 comments:

Mel said...

Congratulations on 25 years!

And what a tumultuous year so far for you. You're still in my prayers, and that God would wrap His healing arms around you.

Our family as well suffered 3 losses this year, but nothing can be as horrible as the loss of their own child.

God bless,
mel

Lisa T said...

You are two of the strongest people I know. I am in awe...


On a lighter note.....maybe you could share a wedding pic with us? I bet a lot of us would get a kick out of that!!

Reba said...

Happy anniversary to you! (A little late) I hope and pray that you have many many more. You have shown this year how very strong you are...may God continue to bring you closer together through whatever life throws at you.