Monday, September 24, 2007

How Many Clothes Can One Baby Need?

In preparation for our upcoming trip to Guatemala (it's in 10 days by the way), I decided to lay out all the clothes I've bought that we'll be taking down for Lili to wear during the 5 days we'll have her. Here's the part my hubby will read and either gasp or pass-out about. There are currently 13 outfits hanging in her closet, 5 in her dresser, 5 sleepers, at least a dozen onsies, 5 pair of shoes, and tons of socks. And we can't forget the cute little swimsuit for our pool time at the hotel. In addition I have bought several headbands and bows for her hair. Wonder if that will be enough for 5 days?

The problem seems to be that everytime I enter a store I feel this strong gravitational pull toward baby girl things :-) On the bright side, the majority of what I bought was on sale and/or clearance, a gift, or bought at garage sales (many with tags still on them). Keep in mind, this is only the things we'll be taking with us and doesn't include the larger size clothing that will stay here awaiting her arrival home. I will do my best to not buy anything else before we go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should stop going into stores for a while...

Cammie said...

I suffer from the same affliction. You are not alone, after dealing with boys clothes for so long, girls clothes are just so much fun!!