Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Various Pieces of Information

I think our adoption has turned me into a stalker. I'm not a stalker in the Hollywood sense of the word, but I stalk the Guatemala Yahoo groups and forums several times a day to make sure I'm up-to-date on who has gotten pre-approval, out of PGN, or the highly coveted "pink slip" informing a family it's time to travel to bring their baby home. While our ultimate goal is the "pink slip," our primary interest right now is pre-approval. From the point the DNA test results are received at the Embassy, the countdown to pre-approval (PA) begins. So, I've been counting down and as of today we've hit the 25 day mark. The average wait from DNA to PA has been 60 days, but suddenly over the last couple of weeks it's taken as little as 45 days. If this trend continues, we could actually get PA while we're on our visit trip. How exciting would that be?! Better yet, maybe the process will begin moving even faster and we'll have PA before we leave for Guatemala and enter PGN while we're on our visit trip!!! Okay, I'm obviously starting to become delirious, so I'll move on to other topics of interest.

I ordered our nursery furniture over 13 weeks ago and it finally arrived and was ready for pick up at Baby Depot. Of course I couldn't wait to pick it up, so we took the seats out of the van and headed to Baby Depot Saturday afternoon. By last night the crib was assembled and everything is now set up and awaiting Liliana's arrival. There are still a few more details to take care of like buying that glider chair I want for the nursery and putting the pictures on the walls, but it's coming together nicely. Getting the nursery put together has been so much fun, but at the same time it's sad knowing that we have to wait a few more months before the room will be occupied.

Lexie's leg seems to be on mend, although she's still not quite herself and is very protective of her leg. The bigger problem is the fact that she seems to really enjoy being carried from place to place. I hope she's gets over that once her leg is feeling better. Then again, maybe her leg is feeling better. Hum!

That's pretty much it from the World of Weeks. Good-night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am one of those "stalkers" too (which is probably where I found your site :). It really can overtake your life. Anyway, I hope you get preapproval soon. How fun to be working on your nursery...we haven't done that yet.

Anonymous said...

How did you get the nursery furniture together so quickly? Awesome husband?