Monday, July 7, 2008

No, I Was Not MIA

Okay, I realize it probably seemed like I was MIA, but I'm still here. I actually started a blog post a few days ago and didn't finish it. Someday I'll get back to it, but since it's a more serious post, I decided to take my time and really think through what I want to say.

So, what's been going on here you ask?

Our 4th was quiet. We decided not to attempt fireworks since we were worried that Lili would be a bit too scared of them. I didn't want her traumatized over the celebrations here in the U.S. Instead, we hung out at home. It's probably a good thing since Lili ended up with a fever and has had one ever since. Tonight, however, I figured out why she has had a fever the last few day . . . . . . . .

Lili is the owner of her very first molar!!!!!!!!!!! Her gums have been swollen for the last 2 + months, but those stubborn molars have refused to make an appearance. I gave her a bath this evening and while drying her off she gave me a big smile and there was the tooth. Since I had my fingers in her mouth yesterday and it wasn't there, I know it just popped through sometime today.

In honor of Lili's first molar I decided to try and get some pictures of her. I hope you enjoy Lili's cheesy grins.

Here she is walking toward the camera.
Check out the after bath hair.
Thank you, thank you very much!!! (Say this in your best Elvis voice)
Yes, I'm going to squint in every picture.You have to admit, I'm pretty cute even if I won't quit squinting.

Now, for some non-Lili news.

We submitted our application to Children's Home Society and Family Services for our adoption from Ethiopia and after a short game of phone tag, the social worker contacted us today. She asked for some additional information, but said everything looks good, so we are officially on our way to daughter #2. Although I would like everything to happen yesterday, I'm trying very hard to not get overly anxious about things this time through. We won't be able to begin our home study until the end of September, so we have time before things really get moving, but it is exciting to know that sometime in the fall/winter of 2009 Lili will have a beautiful little sister from Ethiopia to share her life with.

That's it from the World of Weeks for now!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Debbie -
She is gorgeous and her new "pearls" are beautiful. Glad to hear that there is already some progress on the new adoption. Will you get to go to Ethiopia to meet your new daughter like you went to meet Lili? Love and hugs. (I'm waiting to come swimming....)

Gail said...

I LOVE Lili's cheesy grin!! Congrats on the new molar. I think we are working on some of those out here too.
Gail and Johanna

Reba said...

Congrats on the tooth! Those molars can be downright miserable (for kids and for parents). I am sure the others will follow suit very soon. Then she can have some steak. :) I know the doctors say that it is an old wive's tale that teething children have bad diapers or get fevers, but with child number four, I just have to disagree with them! It has happened too many times. How exciting about Lili's sister! I look forward to hearing more about the adoption process from Ethiopia...I don't know much about it! Keep us informed.
Reba

Kim said...

Lili sure is CUTE! We accepted Kate's referral through CHSFS. We were originally in the domestic program with them for over 1.5 yrs. They are here in St. Paul. They have a wonderful reputation. Let me know if you have any questions about them.

Maria and Family said...

Your daughter is a cutie !! We almost went with CHSFS but in the end went with AGCI. Both are great. I admit I was surprised how s..l..o..w the Ethiopian process is to start compared to Guatemala but like you, I was really calm about it. I figure after all the stress of a Guatemalan adoption I can handle anything LOL!! Looking forward to following your journey. Maria

~Emily said...

I love the "eye thing" she has goin'. Too funny!

nora said...

Love those squints and smiles! She is such a sweetie!

I love hearing about the Ethiopia process. Thanks for sharing. If you ever need to come visit CHS, they have an office in St. Paul and we would love to have you guys! :)

Cammie said...

Super cute, I love her squinty smile!!