Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What A Messy Girl

Yesterday, I decided to make some fruit dip and to make it easier to mix, I used the hand mixer. Afterwards I decided to give Lili her first experience with "licking the beaters" and here is the result.

Considering the fact that she wanted the entire bowl of dip after licking the beater, I'd say she likes the dip.

Tonight Lili asked for a drink. I don't know if I've shared this with my blog readers or not, but I've been teaching her some sign language and drink is one of the signs she knows. Her favorite drink out of her sippy cup is ice water, so into the kitchen we went for some ice water. She was drinking her water and would carefully sit it down on the sofa in between drinks. I'm sure she would used the end table, but it's not convenient unless you're sitting on the sofa or one of the chairs. Apparently, she was done drinking her water, but still had some left in her sippy cup and didn't want it to go to waste so she proceeded to put a drink in her mouth and then let it dribble out her mouth onto the rug or down the front of her clothes. Afterwards, she would look up at me with a big cheesy grin and then laugh. Fortunately, it was just water.

Since she wanted to play with water I decided it was a good time to give her a bath. I got her washed up and as usual let her have some playtime. Suddenly she started sucking water into her mouth out of the bath tub and would stand up and try to dribble it over the side of the tub. I'm not quite sure what came over her tonight, but I hope it doesn't become her game of choice. I must admit, it is pretty funny to watch and is probably something I should try to catch on video.

Also, what is it about bath water that makes kids want to drink it? Things that make you go, "hum?"

3 comments:

Gail said...

The pictures are really cute. Lili looks like she LOVES the dip.

Johanna likes to put her chin in the pool and slurp up water. She hasn't tried the tub yet. Water is her drink of choice and I am glad.

Gail

Reba said...

I love the pictures...what a wonderful experience...licking the beaters. :)

I don't know the answer to the bathwater question but it is SO true!

Reba

Cammie said...

Mmmm, Licking the beaters.....one of the best parts of being a kid!! Okay, I still do it too :)

Cammie