Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ways to Save

With gas prices continually rising and thus the cost of everything else rising, Dave and I have been discussing ways of saving money. Slowly but surely we are making some cost saving changes so last week we cleaned out one of the rooms in the basement to make room for shelving, a freezer and fridge and joined Sam's Club. Today we made our first Sam's Club trip and here is what we have bought so far.
Aren't you glad you checked out my blog to see this photo!!!! LOL

I'm sure our first few visits will be trial and error while we figure out exactly how much a month's worth of groceries are, but this gets us started down the road to bulk shopping in an effort to save on groceries and fuel costs.

Because I realize that most of you check in to see pictures of Lili, I tried to get a few of her this afternoon for your viewing pleasure. Let me just say that it's getting harder and harder to get a still photo of Ms. Lili. Here's what I was able to get.

She had shorts on, but when I changed her diaper she didn't want them back on. She's been walking around the house all smiles ever since. Little did I know not wearing shorts would be so much fun.

Coming in for her close up. My new camera is faster than my old camera but apparently not fast enough.

Look mom, I have Jada and Lexie's toy.


Her new thing is pulling the dog toys out of their toy basket. However, she rarely pulls her own toys out of her toy basket.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

okay, great pictures, but you have to edit the first one - in you best ganster voice "what you lookin at?" ha,ha,ha.

Gail said...

Let me know how the Sam's Club savings goes. We have one opening this fall in town.
Love the pictures of Lili the best, of course.
Gail

Kim said...

My niece and nephews have always had more fun playing with the dog and cat toys more then their toys every time they come visit. I'm sure Kate will be no different!

Maria and Family said...

So funny. I am thinking of ways TODAY to cut costs...it is getting so hard to just get by. Let me know if you have any money saving tips..I stink at it ;)
Lili is adorable.
Maria

~Emily said...

That's A LOT of toilet paper!!!

Cammie said...

We do BJ's, it really can be a money saver! We really need to get organized to make the best use of it!! Love the pictures, Lili seems like such a character!

Reba said...

Love the pictures of Lily! She just looks like so much fun. It looks like you stocked up. I don't think the tp would last a week at our house though (okay, maybe one...). I don't know what my little girls do with it, but they go through it really fast. :) Keep sharing your saving costs methods...I am sure we can all use them!
Reba