Sunday, August 12, 2007

Another Weekend Come and Gone

Sadly, I have nothing to report on the adoption front. We are still playing the waiting game on DNA. If I haven't heard anything by the end of the day Monday, I will be contacting our agency to try and get more detailed information on what is happening. Although this stage of the process can take up to 4 months, it will also take an average of 60 days from the time DNA test results are received to get our pre-approval from the U.S. Embassy. Pre-approval is basically the U.S. stating that if Guatemala deems the adoption to be final, then the U.S. will supply Lili with a Visa to come to the U.S. Until we have pre-approval, we can't go through PGN (the Guatemala side of the process). Hopefully I'll have some news to report before the end of the week.

For those of you not living in this part of the country, it's "hot." I don't even want to get in my pool, it's too hot. Despite the heat though, Dave and I met a group of families who have adopted children from Guatemala. Although the group is open to any families adopting from any Latin American country, there is only one family that has adopted from Mexico as well as Guatemala (that I'm aware of). We all met at the Miller Park Zoo in Bloomington, IL. It is not a very big zoo, but it is well kept and very nice. They have a new rain forest exhibit, which I personally liked a lot. We were able to meet a couple more families from the area and very much enjoyed everyone's children. In addition, I was able to try out a couple different strollers. Although it may not seem that exciting for some, having looked at several stroller already, it's difficult to tell how easy they are to push and steer when a child is on board. Sometimes, it takes very little to thrill me and pushing around little ones in strollers yesterday was one of those times for me :-) So, in addition to helping me decide on a stroller, I got in some stroller practice. Thanks Julie and Connie!!!! After a couple hours in the zoo we went next door to the park for a picnic lunch and had a nice visit. In addition to Dave and I making some new friends, some of the kids made new friends as well.

The other highlight of our weekend was getting to visit with some out of state family members. So, it's been a good weekend!

Keep watching for updates this week and let's hope that we get some good news.

No comments: