Sunday, August 26, 2007

Hoping For A Good News Week

It's Sunday, the beginning of a new week and we're hoping this week will bring news of a positive DNA match and that the Social Worker interview was completed. This part of the process can certainly be the longest, so knowing those two things are out of the way would be a big relief.

Everyday, I try to come out and check for any new comments on my blog. I was thrilled to read that there is another local family going through International adoption right now. Our little village is around 1300 (give or take a person or two), so there is not a lot of racial diversity here. Knowing there will be two more children of a different cultural background is very exciting. I hope our families are able to connect soon.

Again, I'm amazed at the number of friends we've made on this journey so far. It seems that every week I'm in communication with another family on a similar journey. Some are local and some are not, but we all share a bond because of our love for children and the countries they come from. One of my new friends is in Guatemala right now picking up her daughter. They are very fortunate to have had the opportunity to adopt this baby girl who is the biological sister of their older daughter. I wish them a safe and wonderful trip.

No comments: