Wednesday, August 8, 2007

It's Wonderful Finding New Friends

When receiving Liliana's referral back in June, we discovered that her foster mom is fostering two babies. I requested information regarding the other family and was informed that I would need to talk to our attorney about putting us in contact with them, but we wouldn't be able to do that until our visit trip. Since I like to take matters into my own hands, (Dave says it's a control issue, but I think I'm just being efficient) I decided to post a note on one of the more popular forums to see if I could find the family myself. Little did I realize I would connect with a family who had the same foster mom when they were adopting their first daughter. It was wonderful to find someone who was able to tell me how well the foster mom cared for her daughter and that she loves and adores all the children in her care. Information like this is priceless and really helps ease my mind.

I had no idea that this journey would not only lead us to a beautiful baby girl, but that it would also bring so many wonderful new friends into our lives. Some I have never met in person, but we share the same love and passion for the children and people of Guatemala. That alone makes us friends for life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a control issue :)

Anonymous said...

Just admit Debbie you like to be in control