Monday, August 13, 2007

Good Quote and Birthday Wishes

Someone recently shared this quote and I thought it was worth sharing as well. I think it is a very good description of how I feel.

"I see international adoption as a path toward awareness of world issues, as a lens into another world -- the world where the children live. Most of us in suburbia have little firsthand knowledge of how poverty and politics undermine the future for a huge number of the world's children. But through adoption, thousands of American parents contribute a legacy for the future. They take actions they would have not thought of before. They learn about child development, attachment, culture, geography, history and identity. They support and guide their children through the challenges intrinsic to adoption."

I would also like to publicly say "Happy Birthday" to my wonderful husband, Dave. I couldn't ask for a better husband!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Dave!!!!!