Sunday, April 13, 2008

I Did Not Fall Off the Face of the Earth

Sorry that I've been MIA lately, but I have a good excuse. "Sick baby." Poor Lili had a double ear and throat infection and was running a high temp. After a few doses of antibiotic, she is doing much better, but we had a rough few days at our house. In addition, I was trying to get ready for the "Come Meet Lili" open house we hosted yesterday. Of course we were wondering if we were going to have to cancel, but fortunately the little bug hit Lili early enough in the week and I got her right in to the doctor so we could "nip it in the bud" before party time yesterday.

Our open house went well. We had several people come by to meet this baby girl that they had heard so much about over the last several months. Lili seemed to really enjoy the attention and especially loved having all the kids here to play with. Her foster mother has 3 kids of her own and for all but a couple months that Lili was there, she had 1 or 2 other foster babies. Therefore, Lili was very used to having other kids around and having kids around again was a thrill for her.

Unfortunately, I didn't take as many pictures as I had hoped to take yesterday and the pictures I did get have other children in them, so I won't be posting those on my blog. Don't worry though, I'll have plenty of pictures to post in the future.

I was able to get some of my post-party cleaning done last night, but not all of it, so it's time to get to it and start the laundry. Assuming Lili continues to take good naps, I'll post more this week, including pictures.

4 comments:

Kim said...

I hope that Lili is feeling better and glad to get together went well. Can't wait to see some pictures!

Reba said...

I am looking forward to some pictures too. Glad you are doing well, though I am sorry Lili is sick. I just thought you were pretty busy! (And you were, sick babies keep you busy :)
Reba

Gail said...

Oh, poor Lili. I am glad she is doing much better and you got to post again. I think this change in climate and temps must really be hard on these babies. So far, Johanna just has a cold.
Keep healthy Lili!!
Gail

Anonymous said...

It was lovely to get to meet Lili and to see how happy you and Dave are to have her in your lives. It was also nice to talk to everyone there, most of whom had their own new family members with them. It was clear that Lili was in heaven having so many playmates. Hope to get to visit again soon.