Tuesday, April 29, 2008

It's Hard to Believe

We have had Lili with us for almost 6 weeks now and tomorrow she turns 1. I so wanted her home for her first birthday and I got my wish. It was hard waiting all those months, but now it almost feels like she's always been here.

While we continue to enjoy watching Lili grow and blossom, we continue to discuss our plans for the future. And for those who may be wondering, yes, we do plan on adopting again. I have felt very strongly from the beginning that I didn't want Lili to be our only child who was adopted. In addition, I wanted her to have a sibling closer to her own age. Now our challenge is to decide where our next adoption will take place. Guatemala is our first choice, but that program is currently closed to new adoptions while Guatemala puts a Hague compliant system in place. No one seems to know how long that will take or if they will be able to make it happen at all. It is very sad as there are still many, many children in need of a home and a family. Granted, there are many children in the world that have the same need, but there are many factors that go into making this decision and now we have to consider what is best for Lili as well. This decision is much more difficult this time around. I know there are other families going through the same decision making process right now who definitely understand our dilemma.

Sorry I'm not posting more pictures today, but rest assured that I'll have plenty of birthday girl pictures to post over the next few days.

3 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Lili!

Gail said...

Lili,
Happy Birthday!!!!!
I am looking forward to seeing pictures of your celebration.
Gail

Amanda said...

Aw!! Happy birthday Lili!!!

So glad she's home with you!!