Thursday, April 17, 2008

Little Sleep

I had no idea an 11 month old could survive on so little sleep, but Lili is functioning and isn't sleeping well at all. She has only slept about 6-7 hours the last two nights and took 1:15 nap yesterday and :30 nap today. Of course this means mom is also very tired, but Lili just keeps going and going. I know she is very tired because every time I try to get her to sleep she fights it with all the energy she can muster. The other new thing the last two days is that she will fall asleep while I'm rocking her and when I lay her in her crib she immediately wakes up and immediately becomes very upset. I know this is normal and she is still adjusting, but I'm also hoping this phase ends soon.

For those who are going through this too, I really feel for you. Maybe we could start a "sleepless moms" club :-)

Sorry no pictures with this post. I'm on the laptop and all my pictures are on the other computer. I'll try to get some posted later.

5 comments:

nora said...

Debbie - I have been exactly where you are 100% a year and a half ago. Its nice to know that its temporary, but that doesn't help with the sleep deprivation. You might have her ears looked at again - sometimes ear infections don't clear up on the first shot. That ended up happening to J. 2 or 3 times before we finally caught on.

Anonymous said...

hi debbie.... i could be president of the club.... why do i hear about all these kids that take 2-3 hour naps and sleep all night - HELLO, not Sergio... too funny - my baby functions on little sleep too. so i totally know what you are going through. funny thing is - before he came home, i would go to bed very late and on the weekends i would be up and out early - but i'm exhausted i tell you. Sorry i keep missing your calls!! We have a busy weekend this weekend - i will try and call you tomorrow if Sergio catnaps!!! I MISS YOU BIG TIME.

Kim said...

Oh Debbie, sorry to hear Lili is not sleeping! I can't wait to be a part of the "sleepless mom's" club! You got room for 1 more?

Gail said...

Well Debbie, Johanna sleeps all night and takes a couple naps during the day and I am still tired.
Hope Lili gets better at sleeping.
Gail

Kathy said...

Being sleep deprived is the worst! My son would only take 30 minute naps for the first 3 months he was home. His nickname was Half Hour Harry!! He started the long naps the week before I went back to work! Hope the sleeping gets better. Your daughter is adorable!!