Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Appliances

A few months ago we decided it was time to replace our dishwasher. It had done a good job over the years, but it was wearing out and needed to be retired. So about a week ago the Sears installer came out and removed the old dishwasher and put in my brand new Kenmore. The dishes are now getting clean, without me washing them first and that is an exciting thing, especially now that I have a new little helper in the house.

Over the weekend I noticed the oven seemed to be taking along time to heat up then a couple night ago I turned on the oven and started smelling gas. I opened the oven door just in time to see the oven flames go out. Our oven has died, yet again. If we replace the part, this will be the fourth time. At some point you just have to say "it's not worth it" and get a new stove. Now, the good thing about the oven breaking again is that I've had my eye on a new stove for a couple years now. I haven't decided exactly which one, but I do know I want one of the newer models with the double oven. The bad thing is that the newer ones with the double oven just aren't cheap. So, I think we'll try to survive the summer without an oven and then look at replacing the stove sometime this fall. Since Sears has no payments and no interest until June, 2009 I can use the summer to pay off the dishwasher and then go get my stove. Still, I have other things I'd rather spend our money on, but those things will just have to wait.

Wonder if I should be looking at our next refrigerator purchase? LOL!!!!

2 comments:

Gail said...

Definately get a double oven. They are wonderful!!
Have fun with the new dishwasher in the meantime.
Gail

Reba said...

I would LOVE a double oven...

It does seem to go that way with appliances. I wouldn't mind a new dishwasher, but I am afraid that it would start a chain reaction in my kitchen. :)
Reba