Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Two Posts in One Day

I thought I should really give everyone an update on our lives and promise I'll try to keep it short and sweet.

Lili and I have been enjoying time outside on walks, playing on her Little Tikes play set (okay she's playing on it, I'm not) and for the last couple of days, swimming. While I continue to have pool problems this year, they're getting worked out slowly by surely. Good thing too since tomorrow is supposed to be in the 90's.

In Dave's younger years, he purchased a couple hundred albums that have been sitting in a closet for the last several years. We decided it was time to try and part with them so I've been trying to sell them on eBay. In addition, we decided to part with most of our DVD's. We have several that we haven't watched in 2+ years, so obviously we must not need them. I've listed a few on eBay and have sold some. It's nice getting some de-cluttering done. Also, the money we make off the sale of our eBay items will go toward our next adoption. So far we've made enough to cover our agency application fee.

Since we made enough for the application fee, I mailed it in yesterday. I guess that means we have officially started the process. Because of our home study agency requirements, we won't be able to begin a new home study until the end of September, but at least we can get some of the other paperwork out of the way in the meantime. I won't have as much free time to work on it this time around, so the wait may be a good thing.

Dave begins his Infant Care Leave on Monday. He'll be home with Lili and I for 4 weeks. He had originally planned on beginning his leave when we went on our pick up trip, but due to some significant things going on at work his boss asked if he would consider waiting. Obviously, he agreed. In many ways, it is working out better this way.

Since I said I'd try to keep it short, I'll stop here and will update more at a later date.

1 comment:

Reba said...

Wow! You have officially started! I am so excited for you! I look forward to watching this next journey begin. Hoping to see some pictures of a little girl for FFF tomorrow. :)
Reba