Friday, February 5, 2010

Another Delay

I returned home a short time ago to find an email from our agency telling us that our Embassy appointment has been pushed back yet again. It was originally supposed to be February 22nd and then the Embassy made changes that pushed it back 2 weeks to March 8th. Now, due to the Embassy not being able to collect all the necessary documents in time they have rescheduled our appointment to March 22nd. Ugh!!!!

Here is the official explanation from our agency.

Reason given by the Embassy: the MOWA letter will not get there in time. Short story: after the final court decree is issued, it goes straight from the court to MOWA. Then MOWA sends a letter to the Embassy that they will issue the ‘approval’ and then send the notification to the birth certificate office; then to the passport office. Without these documents the Embassy appointment cannot be held. Therefore, the Embassy knowing that MOWA will not have the above-mentioned paperwork in time, rescheduled all 5 families for the next assigned date.

So where is the silver lining to this cloud? The only one I'm finding so far is that it will give us more time to get our USCIS fingerprint dilemma resolved. Don't get me wrong, that's a big one, but I would still rather be leaving February 27th to bring my baby girl home. Like always, it's hard to predict what might happen in the wonderful world of international adoption.

Wonder if there is anyway we can afford to go to Ethiopia earlier and just wait it out?

8 comments:

MommaT said...

Sorry you are having to wait. I can tell you that I wish we had gone early and traveled to where our son was found. Since it was Christmas time over there I didn't want to burden anyone...once there they said they would have been happy to take us around...too late then...so I say go for it!

Sam's mom said...

oh gawd Debbie -- I'm so very very sorry. When our date got pushed I went out early to be with Sam and Gregg traveled later. I doubt that's an option w/ Lili...and it would be tough being a single mom...but it's something to think about maybe?

rachel said...

Oh Debbie, I am so sorry! This must be so disappointing! I don't even know what to say.

I do hope you can go early. We considered doing that as well, but we didn't want to take our other two kids and we didn't have anyone to watch them here.

you know, we had a snafu with immigration as well! we applied to be re-fingerprinted in Oct. Our prints had expired in Sept. We were not re-fingerprinted until JANUARY. it was crazy! it was a mess!

rachel said...

oh debbie, i wanted to tell you that i would be happy to deliver a care package to your little one if you would like. just PM me.

hugs!

Mel said...

that stinks. that's all i can say. so sorry, sigh.
i know how badly you want to be with your bay girl - the WAIT is torture. praying for ya.

Debby said...

Dang it!!!!!!!!!!! (((((HUG))))) If you want together this week, give me a call! Maybe some retail therapy is needed!

Tania said...

SO sorry Debbie that you have to deal with yet another delay. You are keeping a positive attitude though, and that is important. It may be a few weeks later, but you WILL have little Naomi in your arms soon. Hang in there.

Parent Coordinator said...

Oh no! I am so sorry for the delay Debbie!