Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Drama

Drama and International Adoption (IA) seem to go hand-in-hand. Other than the drama surrounding our Embassy appointment, the other drama has been around our fingerprint renewal (see my January 27th post here). It appears our fingerprint drama will soon be behind us. Yay!! Yesterday I picked up th email and there sat two envelopes. One addressed to me and one addressed to Dave giving us our new fingerprint renewal appointments. You would think these appointments would be drama free. Well, not completely. The nearest Application Support Center (ASC) to us is in Naperville, IL which is about a 130 miles trip one-way. That's fine. However, my appointment is February 23rd at 3:00 p.m. and Dave's is February 24th at 8:00 a.m. We couldn't even get appointments scheduled on the same day. We talked about going and just spending the night, but Dave has a very important meeting at work the afternoon of the 23rd that he really can't cancel or reschedule. Thankfully, he got the February 24th appointment and not the one on the 23rd.

It is also interesting that my notice was mailed to me at our PO Box (USCIS apparently got that correction made), but Dave's was mailed to our street address (apparently USCIS hasn't figured out that his address is the same as mine) and yet somehow it still made it to us. Why is the post office able to deliver mail to our street address sometimes and other times they can't? The world may never know. Honestly, I think it's completely dependent on who is working that particular day, but I also think the fact that there were two envelopes from the USCIS ASC being delivered the same day played a role in getting them both delivered to us. I'm just thankful we actually received both of them and can end this drama once and for all.

After this appointment we will have been officially fingeprinted 8 different times. Actually 9 times for me since the FBI couldn't read one set of my prints.

4 comments:

Reba said...

So glad the fingerprint situation is being solved. Strange on the appointments not being together, but I will never fully understand government... :)

Renae said...

Okay all this makes my head spin! So sorry your trip is getting delayed again! Praying for your family:).

MommaT said...

Another crazy step to get your baby home! Its amazing what we all have to go through to get them home...glad you have the appts...will be praying for no more drama

Unknown said...

I'll be there a few days before you. We'll be there on the 19th at 2:00 for ours. Luckily, we have appointments on the same day though!