Saturday, October 13, 2007

Home Again

Sorry for the long delay in getting information out to everyone, but I was too busy enjoying Lili to do any blogging in Guatemala and have been very busy (and tired), since getting home in the wee morning hours Friday. Now I'm going to do my best to fill you in on our trip and get some photos posted.

First of all, we knew how precious Lili was from her pictures, but had no idea how much more precious she would be in person. She is beautiful and has the best personality. I don't think we could have hand picked a better fit for our family. She is so happy and is one busy little girl who enjoys being on the go. Her idea of a good time was 'not' sitting in the hotel room with mommy and daddy for hours on end, so we spent a fair amount of time walking around the hotel, sitting by (or in) the pool, or hanging out in the kid's room at the Westin. It was one of the most amazing 5 days of my life and I miss her so much, but know she is being loved and well cared for by her foster family.

Speaking of her foster family, we did get to spend some time with them on this visit as well. Her foster mom, Sheny, is amazing. I have no doubt she loves Lili as much as we do, even though she knows that she will one day have to hand her to us forever. She is a strong and beautiful woman who has my utmost love and respect.

We also got to spend time with Sheny's children. They are wonderful as well and it is very obvious how much they also love Lili. She is a little sister to them and I know it is going to be very hard for them to say good-bye. Dave and I will do our very best to make sure Lili continues to be part of their lives, even though it may be primarily through emails, letters, and photos.


During our trip we were able to finally meet some email friends. Here's a shout out to Josh and Nicole as well as to Greg and Cammie. They are also adopting very precious babies and it's nice being able to share our journey's together.

I'll post more information about our trip over the next few days, but wanted to get some pictures posted as I'm sure that's what you have all been waiting for.

Mommy sure does love her baby girl!!!!

So does daddy!

What a cutie!

Keeping watching for additional trip information and photos.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home you guys!! Love the pictures of Lili - she is just so cute!! Debbie, got your message - I will call you tomorrow (Sunday) - I was at a girls' dinner tonight - I'm totally stuffed and now ready for bed!!!

Our Family of 5 said...

Welcome home! Lili is Beautiful!!

The Slaws said...

Welcome home! Ive been stalking your blog waiting for pictures! She is so beautiful! Heres to a short wait till you get to see her again and bring her HOME!! Erin

Kathy said...

Great pictures! Lili is adorable! I am glad you had a good trip. I hope you are back to bring her home very soon!