Sunday, October 21, 2007

Visiting Antigua

While the majority of our visit trip was spent with Liliana, we decided early in the planning stages of our trip to spend an extra day in Guatemala after Lili went back to her foster mom so we could see other parts of Guatemala. Okay, I admit that it was also to give me an extra day to dry my tears before boarding the plane for home and I must say we made a good decision to stay the additional day. Not just because the extra day helped me emotionally, but because we visited the beautiful city of Antigua. What a great experience to walk along the original cobblestone streets and to see buildings built in the 1500's, although many had been severely damaged from earthquakes in the past. Still, you can easily picture what Antigua looked liked so many years ago. I highly recommend a visit to Antigua for anyone that goes to Guatemala. I don't think you'll regret it.
Here are a few of the sites we saw on our trip.




1 comment:

Cammie said...

Gorgeous pictures Debbie! I can't wait to actually see some of Guatemala next time!

Cammie