Sunday, October 14, 2007

More About Our Trip

Here's Part II of our visit trip post.

On the first day of our trip, we left Chicago at 6:00 a.m. via Ft. Lauderdale with about 4 hour lay over before flying to Guatemala. Our flight left Ft. Lauderdale on time and was due to land in Guatemala City at 3:26 p.m., however, we circled the airport several times before finally landing a little after 4:00 p.m. Since I knew our foster family was bringing Liliana to us at 5:00, I was getting pretty anxious to land, get through customs, and get our luggage. Getting through customs was a breeze, but then we had to wait for our luggage. We did arrive at the hotel about 10 minutes before 5:00 and were checked in an in our room at 5:00. The bellman took our bags up for us and began showing us everything in the room when the phone rang. It was our foster mom's daughter letting us know they were in the lobby. I almost physically kicked the bellman out of our room and ran to the elevator. The excitement was almost more than I could stand and when we spotted them in the lobby and they handed Lili to me, all the emotions I had been experiencing for the last few months quickly ran to the surface and the tears started. Of course I hadn't brought any tissue with me because I wasn't expecting to begin crying. Fortunately, Lili's foster mom quickly made me feel comfortable and we sat in the lobby visiting while Dave and I passed her back and forth between us. Lili just smiled the whole time.

About a 1/2 hour later the 3 of us headed to our room and the phone rang again. It was my friend Nicole checking in. After several months of emailing and calling each other, we discovered that we were on the same floor and only a few doors apart from each other. A few minutes later Josh and Nicole and their little guy Sergio, were at our door and we headed downstairs to dinner. Sitting down enjoying dinner and conversation with our new friends while enjoying our baby girl is a memory we will forever hold dear.

That's enough trip information for now as I know you are all anxiously awaiting more pictures of Lili. So, here she is!





1 comment:

beanhead said...

I am a very close friend of Cammie and Greg's. Your daughter is beautiful. You are so lucky to have her and she is lucky to have you. I have told Cammie many times. You are all very speical people to share your journey with others. Thank you for that.
Irene