Friday, October 19, 2007

More Visit Trip Info

Handing Lili back to her foster mom on the Tuesday of our visit trip was very hard to do. However, her foster mom was so wonderful during my good-bye to Lili. She knew how much my heart was breaking and showed tremendous compassion. Earlier in the week, we had the opportunity to treat our foster family to dinner and during that visit our foster mom told us she understood how difficult it was going to be for us to leave Lili in Guatemala, but that when we come back to pick her up and take her home, it will be very hard for her. I think about Lili's foster mom often and while it is 'so hard' not having Lili home with us, when I cry because I'm missing Lili, I also cry for her foster mom knowing that she too will one day be shedding tears from missing Lili so much. She and I will forever share a bond as women and mothers who both love Lili very deeply.

Of course I'm sure you can all tell from these pictures, why Lili is so easy to love.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Debbie~I'm glad you had a good visit trip, even though visiting was bittersweet. Lili is such a cute little pumpkin! Thanks for adding my blog to your site!~Kim