Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Surprise

My wonderful husband has been doing some undercover work this year in an attempt to get me the best gift possible. However, he realized a couple days ago that he wasn't going to be able to go any further with his plans without filling me in, so before he left for work Tuesday morning he told me he had decided that my gift this year was going to be a trip to Guatemala to see Lili. I was shocked! He had actually been sneaking to my computer looking for email addresses so he could contact our agency program coordinator to find out if this was even a possibility. He knew he wouldn't be able to take the time off work to go with me, so he contacted one of my friends asking for her help in trying to find out if I would even be willing to go without him. As things began to come together, he realized he wasn't going to be able to follow through with the entire plan without my involvement, so he told me. Needless-to-say, this has to be the best Christmas gift he could possibly give me this year.

So, next month, I'll be flying down to Guatemala to spend 4 1/2 days with Lili. It's been almost 3 months ago we were there to see her for the first time and when we left I was sure that would be the last time I saw her until we went back to pick her up and bring her home. I guess Christmas miracles really do happen!!!!! Thanks Santa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Reba said...

What a wonderful husband and a wonderful gift! I am so happy you will be able to see your little one. And I do hope that will be the last trip until you bring her home!
PS Thank you for all of the encouraging words on our blog...they make my day!

Gail said...

What a wonderful gift and husband!!
Gail

Cammie said...

How exciting Debbie!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful surprise!!

Kim said...

That is a wonderful Christmas present! Maybe that will end up being your pick-up trip. Positive thoughts. Merry Christmas!

Kathy said...

That is so sweet! Have a great trip!!

Whitney said...

Have a wonderful trip and great Christmas counting the days until she is in your arms again!