Monday, December 10, 2007

No Word from Our Agency Today

Tomorrow will mark 8 weeks in PGN!!!! We didn't receive a phone call from our agency today, but I really wasn't expecting one and quite honestly, I will be shocked if we received one tomorrow.

Why, you ask?

First of all, SeƱor Barrios was out of the office most of last week. Because he is the final signature on PGN documents he will probably have some catching up to do over the next few days. As of Friday he was signing off on cases from October 9th and 10th. However, as of today there was one case submitted October 12th and another October 15th that both got out of PGN today, so there is some hope.

The other news from today is that there has been some positive movement with Mixco birth certificates. Several people got word from their agencies that their birth certificates were picked up on Friday and at least one picked up today. Some were long overdue in getting theirs, but I know of one who got theirs within 2 weeks and another within 3 weeks. Maybe we'll be lucky and have a quick turn around time too.

One of my favorite Christmas songs is "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas," however, at the rate things are going here in Central IL, maybe it should be "I'm Dreaming of an Ice Christmas." We've had ice storms the last two weekend and there is more expected later tonight and throughout the day tomorrow. It doesn't sound like I'll be going anywhere tomorrow, which means I'll be home to jump every time the phone rings.

I wish I could have reported some exciting news today, but alas, this is all I have. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Debbie -
I can't imagine how hard it must be to have to wait and wait and wait some more....

The only thing I can think of right now is "Patience Grasshopper."

Love and miss you. Just know that I am anxiously awaiting the news, too. (Not as anxious as you, of course, but anxious none the less.)

Reba said...

I am anxiously awaiting some news for you! Hope to hear something before we leave!

Cammie said...

Hi Debbie,

We're praying for a good news week for you! I've been stalking your blog for updates!

Cammie

nora said...

Debbie,

Hang in there! I know its easier said than done, but you guys are getting close to getting out soon!

We are thinking about you lots!