Saturday, January 26, 2008

I'm Not MIA

For those who read my blog often, you've probably gotten used to daily posts from me and therefore may have been wondering what happened to me over the last few days. There is nothing to worry about, I'm still around, but was gone most of the day Thursday and Friday, then headed to Chicago Friday night with my sister-in-law and niece. I'm sure my sister-in-law won't mind me sharing that she recently started a job as a Kindergarten teacher in a Spanish speaking class. She is thrilled and at the same time she is finding the job to be quite challenging, however, I'm sure she'll do great. A requirement of her new job is passing a Spanish proficiency test, so we went to Chicago last night to spend the night as the test began early this morning and lasted just over 4 hours. Although she won't get her results for about a month, she felt good about how she did. Now we will all wait for her good news.

Of course who can go to Chicago and take a test without doing some celebrating. Walking downtown in the cold didn't sound overly appealing, so we headed to Schaumburg, IL and took on the Woodfield Mall. For those who know me, you'll be absolutely shocked to know that I bought nothing for Liliana. I was tempted on a few occasions, but decided to wait until we are out of PGN and closer to traveling on our pick up trip.

Our first stop at the mall was the Rainforest Cafe. My niece chose it last night while looking through the various flyers and brochures at the hotel. Of course what child can resist a trip to the Rainforest Cafe. As we were there and I was looking around, I imagined us back there in the future (hopefully the near future) with Liliana.

While finishing up our time at the Mall, we made a stop at a little store (and for the life of me I can't remember the name of the store) that caters to pre-teen girls. Everything in the store is Hannah Montana, High School Musical, etc. As we were entering the store, one of the employees asked my niece to hold a little stuffed animal and then told her to shut her eyes. She told her to make a wish, sprinkled her with fairy dust and had her spin around 1 time. It was so cute! We go inside to see a little girl getting her hair done, girls in the back of the store dressing up and looking as if they were getting ready to perform. I know very few 6 to 11 year olds that wouldn't have loved this store. On the way out, the fairy dust employee handed my sister-in-law the stuffed animal, told her to close her eyes and make a wish. She sprinkled her with fairy dust and had her turn around and then exclaimed, "Good job!" Next thing I know, I'm holding the stuffed animal, shutting my eyes, making a wish, being sprinkled with fairy dust and turning around. All I have to say is that if I don't get a call this week telling me we're out of PGN, than I will no longer believe in fairies or fairy dust. Of course if I get that call this week, I'll be heading back to the fairy dust employee begging for another wish and sprinkle :-)

After a long day, we headed out on the 3 hour drive home. I walked in the house happily greeted by my babies, Jada and Lexie and Dave relaxing on the sofa watching t.v. As I looked at the t.v. I see "Obama wins the South Carolina primary." I was thrilled!!!!!! What a great ending to a pretty nice day!!!!

5 comments:

grammy said...

Sounds like you had a fun trip. If you think of the name of that store please let me know. My grand daughters would just love that. Well I would also. At 57 still a kid at heart LOL. Little girls are so much fun. You are in for soooo much fun with her.

Kim said...

Oh I hope your wish comes true! What a great story that would be!

Anonymous said...

I wanna be sprinkled with fairy dust, too!!

Reba said...

Sounds like fun! I love going to the Rainforest Cafe (they have wonderful coconut shrimp too). I am hoping you have good news this week!

grammy said...

Hey Deb what is PGN ? I will keep praying you have your little girl home soon.
Rita Hellrigel