Thursday, January 31, 2008

News Report, Just Not the News I Want to Report

Yes, I really wanted to post that we're out of PGN, but we received no word on our case today. The only information we got was our monthly Guatemala Program Update from our agency. Over the last 5 weeks they had 25 cases receive PGN approval and 17 families brought their children home. I thought that was pretty good news though. They are still seeing average timeframes between 9 and 11 months from referral to pick up. We haven't quite made it to the 9 month mark yet (that happens Feb. 8), so it appears we may fall within those averages. I was hoping we could help lower the averages a bit :-( Actually, to give you an idea of how much things have changed since we began this process, when I originally interviewed our agency in December, 2006 I was told adoptions were taking between 6 and 8 months. After we started our home study process the averages changed and were reported at 7 to 9 months. Last Spring they were 8 to 10 months and for the last few months they've been 9 to 11 months.

There were a few PGN "outs" posted on the forums today, but there were only a few. I do need to remind myself that there are only a handful of people that actually post on the forums, so while it appears there hasn't been much activity from PGN, I'm sure there are many "outs" taking place, but not being advertised.

I do have one big piece of news to report . . . . .

Tonight is the season opener of "LOST." Dave and I became big "Lost" fans in season 1 and haven't missed an episode since. So, for at least two hours tonight I can occupy my time with someting that is not adoption related. That seems to happen rarely these days :-)

No comments: