Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Trying to Get Back Into the Swing of Things

Getting back into a routine after being gone from home can be difficult, but it is especially true for me this time. One obvious reason is missing Lili, but probably the biggest reason right now is the bug I brought home from Guatemala with me. Let's just say the bathroom and I have become good friends since I got home (sorry if that's too much information). I tried to be careful about what I ate and I didn't drink the water, but who knows what's caused this. Since I like to find the positive in a negative situation, it's become a good weight loss program :-) I've lost 4-5 pounds already. Yeah!!!!

In my efforts to get back into a normal routine, I've started calling PGN again. Yes, my weekly calls to PGN had become part of my normal routine. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get through no matter how many times I try. I called about 8 times yesterday and have already tried 3 times this morning, but the furthest I get is on hold and then disconnected. It's appearing as if I just need to wait to hear the news from our agency and quite honestly, after our previo, I'm a little worried about what PGN might tell me. Hopefully we'll get good news within the next couple of weeks. Yesterday marked 5 weeks back in PGN and from all the posts on the forums, they are still approving submits and resubmits in about 8 weeks time. February 12th is 8 weeks for us, so keep your fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly this time.

My everyday routine has fallen in place nicely this week. I've done tons of laundry, cleaned and dusted, made appointments, etc. The one difference I've noticed is that I'm spending much more time thinking about how much my routine will change once Lili finally comes home. Last night, for example, we ate dinner around 6:15 and while I was cleaning the kitchen I realized we will need to get into a routine of an earlier dinner time so I'm able to get Lili fed, bathed, and to bed at a decent time. Okay, I've been through the mommy thing before so I realize that the best plan in the world can change with a little one in the house, but I can't stop thinking about how I will need to schedule my day.

Okay, I've rambled on about this long enough. So let me close by sharing some more pictures from my visit trip.

This hat is so much better in my mouth than on my head.

Look Grandpa, a Cardinal fan in the making. I just haven't quite got the hang of wearing hats yet.

Such pride!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Hope you feel better soon! Lili is so cute. A Valentine's Day OUT would be perfect. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Anonymous said...

Hi debbie, you are sick now!!!! Oh no, i hope you feel better and that is a plus to being sick - weight loss!!!! just trying to make you smile!!!!! Love the pictures of Lili - she is so cute - i can't stand it and you BETTER BE OUT OF PGN TOO!!!!

Kim said...

Debbie I hope you get better soon! I have had a problem getting a live person at PGN too. I hope that I can get through tomorrow. I am only able to call once per week (on my day off).

Reba said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear about the bug. I got it one time in our five trips to Guatemala. However, I really think mine was from plane food not Guatemala itself. Anyway, I had to smile at your routine comment...it is amazing how one little person can affect the whole routine. We actually eat around 6:30 most nights now. Before, we used to eat much later and very inconsistently. However, with Joshua here, we eat about the same time every day. (We keep him up a little later though so he will sleep through the night...at least for now. :) It is a life changing event but, oh, so worth it. I hope you get good news very soon!
Reba

Greg & Maria Voss said...

I hope you are feeling better. A bunch of people from my agency also got sick. One was even taken to the hospitall Hope you are on the mend!