Thursday, March 13, 2008

Getting Ready

The airline and hotel reservations are made, boarding is set up for Jada and Lexie, Lili's appointment with the pediatrician has been made, and the packing has begun. Now, for those who know me, I just can't seem to pack light :-) and I am trying. Since we'll have a 10 month old on our trip back, I just wanted to deal with fewer bags this trip, but I think one of the airport luggage carts will become our friend. Granted, we probably have the equivalent of one bag that will be staying in Guatemala, but since a trip to the market is high on the list of things I want to do while in Guatemala, I'm sure I'll find lots of goodies to bring back with us which will refill that bag.

We also have plans of seeing Lake Atitlan on this trip, so today my goal is to find a nice hotel in the area and make reservations. Since Easter is a "big" holiday in Guatemala, I hope I'm successful in my goal.
Now I'll leave you with some pictures of our papaya loving girl.

7 comments:

Gail said...

Sounds like you are ready to go. Me too! Now if the day to go would just get here!!
I love the pictures. Lili is so cute! I can hardly wait to meet her.
Gail

Kim said...

Wow! I can't wait to see Lake Atilan. Don't think I could pack light either, best of luck to you!

Anonymous said...

debbie, those pictures are so funny; i love them!!!!! she is such a doll and i can't wait for her to come home to you :) I can only imagine what you're packing for Lili!!!!!! Just tell Dave, he doesn't really need any clothes for this trip :)

Parent Coordinator said...

How fun! I wouldn't be able to pack light either - just say that you are being resourceful :) Sounds like you have it all planned - enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for all of you,this is wonderful news. Happy endings do come true!!!

Amy said...

Have a wonderful trip...when we picked up Layna, I thought I was packing too much. However, in the end, we ended up using everything we packed for her!

Cammie said...

Love the pictures Debbie! I wish we were going to see you down here, we will just miss you by two days! I am so glad you are so close! By the way, we ended up with 6 suitcases, yikes! In my defense, two were pretty small and one was full of gifts and snacks. Still, a lot to handle! Anyways, looking forward to hear your adventure!

Cammie