Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Last Post Before Going Home

Or at least I hope we're going home tomorrow. We are booked on American and just heard this morning that they cancelled about 200 flights yesterday due to problems with some of the planes. Therefore, we are planning a trip out to the airport to make sure we will be traveling tomorrow and to purchase Lili's lap ticket.

This afternoon Dave will pick up Lili's visa and packet that we will have to present to the officials in Dallas. Tonight we've been invited to have dinner with Lili's foster family at their home. It is going to be a very special and a very tearful evening I'm sure.

I was so excited about the opportunity to meet Lili's birthmom, but unfortunately she is sick and was not able to make it. I hope we are able to meet her on a future visit.

Lili just woke up from her nap and was delivered to me by daddy. Apparently she was upset that mommy was not in the room. Since one handed typing is a bit challenging, I'm going to close. I'll post more detail about our trip once we get home.

5 comments:

Kim said...

Safe travels home! Have a wonderful dinner with the foster family.

Anonymous said...

Hi Dave, Debbie and Lili - I love reading your blog and I miss you terribly!!!! Debbie, we may have to have a late night chat once you are home!!! I know all too well - the man behind the door at the Embassy :) Safe Travels Home the new Weeks FAMILY!!!!!! I am so thrilled for you guys - you can't believe!!!!!!!

Reba said...

I hope you are able to travel tomorrow! I also hope your dinner with the foster mom and family was just wonderful. I wish we had done more to cultivate our relationship with the foster mom (other than regular calls)...it is a special relationship.

Can't wait to see pictures!
Reba

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip home. What an awesome thought that Lili is an American citizen as soon as she gets here. I'm looking forward to meeting her.

Cammie said...

Just so happy for you guys. Hope all is going well!

Cammie