Monday, March 24, 2008

Hola From Guatemala

I know that many have been watching my blog for updates and I do apologize that I haven't updated until now, but unfortunately, Lili has been sick. Nothing bad, but enough of something that the pediatrician prescribed an antibiotic. She is feeling much better now.

Since she and daddy are napping at the moment, I thought I should get something posted since I've gotten a couple emails wanting to know what's going on and where the pictures are.

First of all, there won't be any pictures posted today. Since Lili was sick, we didn't get a lot of pictures taken. We'll get more this week and I hope to post a few as the week goes on. I will say that she has gotten more beautiful since January and boy does she have personality plus. I can't wait for all our family and friends to meet her.

We did get to do some traveling around Guatemala over the weekend with Lili's foster family. We visited C hichicastenago, Lake Atitlan, and Retalileu. What an awesome country!!!!! For anyone who has never visited Guatemala, I highly recommend you find the time to do so. We've only see a small portion of the country, but will definitely return for visits as Lili grows up. Not only do we want to provide her with an opportunity to get to know her birth country, but there is so much more that we want to see ourselves.

Spending time with Lili's foster family over the weekend was awesome as well. Not only did Lili hit the jackpot with this family, but we did as well. We have not only adopted Lili, but we have adopted her foster family as well and look forward to staying in contact with them and seeing them on future visits to Guatemala.

Today we're just spending the day relaxing from our weekend trip. Tomorrow morning is our Embassy appointment, Wednesday we pick up Lili's visa and Thursday morning we leave for home. In between all of this we will be spending more time with the foster family and shopping at the market in Guatemala City. Another highlight of our trip is that Lili's birth mother has agreed to meet us. She lives not too far outside Guatemala City and will be coming into the city tomorrow afternoon. I have a list of questions for her and plan on video taping the meeting, with her permission of course. Having this information and video for Lili will be priceless so I hope everything works out.

I know this barely skims the surface of our trip so far, but I wanted to at least touch base with everyone and will post more as I find time during the week.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy and am living vicariously through you! Hopefully it won't be long before I make my trip. Enjoy your time in Guatemala and I can't wait to see pictures. ~Emily

Anonymous said...

Debbie,

Thanks so much for taking the time to update all of us! I'm sorry Lili has been sick, but I am glad she is better. Enjoy your final days in Guatemala. You are so lucky to be able to meet her birth mother. Such a treasure!!


Lisa and Katie

Amy said...

Glad all is going well...but, sorry Lili is not feeling well. I can't wait to see pictures of your family together forever! Enjoy your trip and have a safe flight home!

Cammie said...

Sorry Lili hasn't been feeling well! I was so happy to hear from you, can't wait to hear that you are home, and to see more pictures of your beautiful Lili! You are so lucky to meet Lili's birthmother, we weren't able to and I so wish we had that information for Ana. Anyways, hope Lili's feeling better very soon, and enjoy the rest of your time in Guatemala!

Cammie

Amanda said...

That's too bad she's been sick. I hope she gets better soon!

How amazing that you'll have be able to show her a video of her mother! That will be something so special for her.

Anonymous said...

Debbie and Dave - I'm glad things are working out, especially now that Lili is feeling better. It's terrific that you will get to meet her birth mother. I hope she lets you videotape the meeting so Lili will have that record of her mother who loved her enough to want a better life for her.

Reba said...

What a wonderful experience! I wish we had gotten out more in Guatemala...we always stuck to the hotel. And such a neat experience to spend so much time with her foster family. I look forward to hearing (not personal details, just general info) about how the visit with her birthmother goes as well. I really hope we one day can do that. I cannot wait to see some pictures. I have been thinking about you!
Reba

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the happy couple on the new addition to the family from your cousin Cindy in Oregon! Dad and Mom told me about it yesterday and dad sent me the URL to your blog. What a happy time for all of you! Cindy Hepting