Sunday, March 30, 2008

Home - Day 3

Lili is now on day 3 at home and still doing well. Last night was a bit rough, but she naps well and as long as I make a point of napping as well, I think we'll survive night time sleep deprivation until she's feeling more comfortable. I did manage to get all our luggage unpacked, most everything put away as well as most of the laundry done. Now my challenge is to get Dave's shirts ironed for work this week. The original plan was for him to take his 4 weeks of infant care leave, but one of his co-workers and his wife just had a baby so he is taking infant care leave right now. Plus, 2 new employees just joined the team at work, so he agreed to wait until the end of June to begin his leave. We hope to do a little traveling during his leave. Of course this depends on how well Lili has adjusted to the car seat. The car seat ride to the pediatricians office on Friday was a bit traumatic for her. I'm sure she'll be fine after a few trips to the mall, Baby Depot and grocery shopping.

Lili is now up from her nap so I'll post some pictures and try to post more tomorrow.

Lili at the airport in Guatemala City airport. Yeah! I'm going home.

We landed in Dallas! Here is Lili as a U.S. citizen. She's pretty happy about it.

Lili waiting for her first meal in the U.S.

9 comments:

nora said...

What a sweetie! Looks like she is enjoying being home AND the center of attention!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are home and all of you are adjusting. You said she loves her brothers and the dogs. What did the brothers (and the dogs) make of her?

Anonymous said...

I am so glad all of you are home safe and sound. I love seeing all the huge smiles on your faces!!

Hope to be able to meet Lili soon!

Congratulations!!!

Lisa and Katie

Reba said...

The car seat does get better. I think it took Joshua a week (and we had kids to pick up from school, so he had no choice but to be in one :). That week was tough though!
Reba

Pineapple Princess said...

Congratulations that your sweet, sweet daughter is HOME!!!

Stacy

Parent Coordinator said...

Congratulations! Lili looks so happy to be with her forever family! I look forward to reading more about your adventures.

Kim said...

I love seeing pictures of Lili going home! Glad things continue to go well.

Whitney said...

Welcome Home Lili! Can't wait to meet you!

Ellie

Anonymous said...

She is adorable!!! I am so glad things are going well. Did that attachment book yield helpful information in getting her settled quickly??? Best wishes! ~Emily